|1. What is NAET?
Nambudripad's Allergy Elimination
Techniques (NAET) are a number of methods used to eliminate allergies. Testing and treatment techniques from multiple alternative medicine disciplines including kinesiologic, chiropractic, acupressure, acupuncture, alopathic and nutritional are used. For more information about NAET, please visit: www.naet.com/subscribers/what.html
2. What is Acupuncture?
Acupuncture is a form of alternative medicine which treats patients by the insertion and manipulation of needles in the body. It is used to promote good health and reduce pain by relieving it or addressing the sources of it. For more information about Acupuncture, please visit: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acupuncture
3. How is your practice different?
I work with patients who are ready and willing to make changes in their lives so that they can get better. I include evidence-based data such as symptoms as well as emotional and spiritual aspects of an individual in my evaluations and treatments, which utilize principles taken from several types of alternative medicine.
4. Is there a standard number or range of sessions after which I should experience relief or elimination of symptoms?
It is different for everyone. If, for example, a person is mostly allergy-free, but just has one allergy (EX: to egg whites), a couple treatments should be adequate. If a person needs to be treated for seasonal allergies, however, it is likely to require 4 to 10 treatments. Generally, only one allergy can be treated at a time. And seasonal allergies are commonly from several tree and grass pollens, molds, etc.
In the case of pain, if it is acute, we often see it eliminated in less treatments than the number required when the pain has been chronic.
Also, degree of allergy or pain is a factor here. Extreme allergy or pain is generally going to take longer to clear than when it is mild.
5. What can cause patients to not have the results they were hoping for?
For food and environmental allergies, there can be a strict 25 hour avoidance period. The treatment may only be partial if the patient ends up having some kind of exposure to what was treated. If this happens, the last session could need to be redone.
Also, if a person is challenged on a number of health fronts and/or has some very persistent or chronic problems, we have to be persistent about working through each elimination on a priority basis. Specifically:
- You and I will need to work together on setting and adjusting the priorities of what will be addressed and in what order.
- You need to stick with the program, and not give up mid-stream, especially as we are dealing with the most critical issues.
... otherwise, the results could be less than what you were hoping for.
And finally, people will have a better result and can potentially get better faster if they ensure their lifestyle is getting balanced at the same time. Specifically, they are getting enough sleep, are exercising adequately and are eating nutritious foods.
6. It seems like you have a very unique practice where you use a wide range of alternative medicine options.
You are right! In fact, I don't know of anyone else that has a practice quite like mine.
I search for (and find!) solutions to stubborn health issues that can't seem to be adequately addressed through other means.
I suppose I have more solution options than most because I am constantly looking for answers to new problems that I encounter in my practice.
This past year, for example, I decided to learn about and subsequently decided to treat issues relating to brain chemistry.
I had read this remarkable book: //www.amazon.com/Change-Your-Brain-Life-Obsessiveness/dp/0812929985
In it, you learn that your brain chemistry controls your emotions and behavior. There are pictures of brains with different emotional/chemical imbalances. The book shows that problems including depression, aggression and ADD are physically based. The changes in patient's brains before and after treatment (which can include taking specific meds) were amazing.
After reading the book, I decided to more closely study the different parts of the brain and conduct a number of experiments to "clear" any imbalances to see if similar improvements were evident. The answer was YES! Now, several dozen cases later, I have officially added brain chemistry work (getting a baseline for identification of possible imbalances and corresponding balancing ("clearing")) to my practice.
7. Are there any conditions which you'd rather refer to another kind of practitioner (traditional or non-traditional)?
conditions I can help with. But, there are times when I will refer
patients to other alternative medicine providers if I feel the patient
could get better faster by doing that.
8. Can you elaborate on what my first session with you would be like?
You'll need to come in 15 minutes early to fill out a health history form. I will go over your health history and tell you more about my training and style of practice. Then I will:
- Discuss treatment options and protocols.
- Proceed with an initial treatment strategy.
- Balance your chakras and organs.
- Muscle test for allergens, viruses, bacteria, parasites, and possibly different systems in the body (such as endocrine). This step is highly dependent on symptoms and the treatment strategy we're using.
- Perform an NAET- acupuncture - acupressure treatment.
9. Can I purchase appointments on the web site?
Yes! Select the treatments you wish to purchase. From the cart, you'll click on the "Proceed to Checkout" button. And continue from there. If you haven't scheduled the treatments you are purchasing, you'd then call 617-327-3089 to do so. 10. How do I pay for treatments online via credit card?
Note: It is easiest to first create a user account (if you don't already have one), which has you provide billing/shipping information. Then log in. Select the sessions you wish to purchase. From the shopping cart, click on the check out button on the lower right side of the page.
Here are the steps for paying by credit card.
(1) You are brought to the Paypal Choose a way to pay page. Even if you have a Paypal account, click on the "Don't have a Paypal account?" link. It should read as "Don't have/want to use a Paypal account?". This will actually trigger paying by credit card as a Paypal guest.
(2) You will be brought to a credit card info page.
Click on Review and Continue button.
- Country- Select your country.
- Radio Button- Select credit card.
- Expiration Date- Select (MM and YY)
- CSC- Provide the security code.
- Billing Information- Ensure matches your credit card billing data precisely. Otherwise, update here.
- Phone type- Select phone type for the phone number you're providing.
- Phone number- Provide phone number in the format specified.
- Email- Confirm correct or update.
(3) If you have a Paypal account, it may be detected now. If this is the case, you may be given three choices for what to do next. Select the "Continue to pay as a guest and do not use my PayPal account." radio button. And then click Continue button.
(4) You will be brought to a review page. Note: If shipping address appears as billing address you will not need to change it if no product is being sent to you. If everything else looks correct, click Pay Now button.
(5) You will be brought to a Thanks for your order page and will receive a receipt number for the payment as well as info on how the transaction will appear on your credit card statement.
(6) Click on Return to Naetacupunctureboston.com link to return to our site. You will be brought to the corresponding NAET and Acupuncture of Boston invoice. You will be sent an email which provides the same information.
11. How do I pay for treatments online via Paypal (bank account)?
It is easiest to first create a user account (if you don't already have one), which has you provide
billing/shipping information. Then log in. Select the sessions you
wish to purchase. From the shopping cart, click on the check out
button on the lower right side of the page.
Here are the steps for paying by Paypal (bank account).
You are brought to the Paypal Choose a way to pay page. Enter your Paypal email id and password. Click on Log In
(2) You will be brought to a
review page. Note: If shipping address appears as billing address you
will not need to change it if no product is being sent to you. Verify eCheck radio button is selected. If
everything else looks correct click Pay Now button.
(3) You will be
brought to a Thanks for your order page and will receive a transaction ID for the payment.
(4) Click on Return to
Naetacupunctureboston.com link to return to our site. You will be
brought to the corresponding NAET and Acupuncture of Boston invoice.
You will be sent an email which provides the same information.12. What is the best and generally fastest way to get in touch with you?
The best way to get a hold of me is to call 617-327-3089. If I don't pick up, leave your name, message and best phone number to use to reach you.